Since team.blue has grown into a European powerhouse, our infrastructure has grown exponentially as well. A perfect opportunity for you as a DevOps Engineer to show your skills and knowledge, since you’re always searching for new solutions to help maintain our big hosting platform. Always with our customers in mind, who are searching and in need for our easy, quick and reliable solutions. In line with this, we have a new exciting project for you to get your hands on! We are aiming for people that are flexible and eager to learn. We are going through some fast transitions, but we are in this together! A perfect habitat for you, since you are a real team player with strong communication and collaboration skills. And as a self-sufficient and fast learner you finally got a place to put your problem-solving skills into good use. As a DevOps Engineer it is also important to be proactive and to be able to place yourself in the mind of our customers. After all, that is for whom we do our work!
What your day will look like
As a DevOps Engineer, your main focus will be to ensure that the base is in place. In other words, you will make sure that our infrastructure and services are fast, secure and reliable. Furthermore, you will contribute to some big and exciting projects we have planned for the coming year. A sneak peek:
- More automation and fireproofing our infrastructure to reduce toil and improve scalability.
- Help us migrate to the next generation infrastructure.
Besides these projects and tasks, we also expect you to take turns in our pager duty shifts. This means you should be available to work outside of normal office hours occasionally.
What you have
- Proven hands-on experience with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in configuration management tools (preferably SaltStack, Puppet is a plus).
- Experience with CI/CD tools (preferably GitLab runners).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (KVM, Docker).
- Ability to develop Shell, Perl and Python scripts (PHP-coding is a plus).
- Linux certification is a plus.
A note on remote
Covid has changed how we work, in many ways for the better! While we can’t wait for offices to re-open, being at the office isn’t always needed to get the best out of your day. This shift to a new way of working is new for all of us, but we are getting there. Taking advantage of the best of both worlds means communicating more, collaborating more online and reimagining teamwork for the digital age.